The Eventbrite Design team is a multi-disciplinary group of Designers and Researchers who work across business units. We are specialists within our business units, as well as generalists across the Eventbrite platform. Partnering with Product Managers, Engineers and other Designers, we conceptualize and craft designs for features that will have a positive impact for our users and across our ecosystem of products.THE CHALLENGE
At Eventbrite, we aim to deliver groundbreaking event organizer tools and attendee experiences globally. Design is at the heart of our mission and our User Experience Designers lead the way by discovering and understanding human behaviors, goals, and motivations. We use those insights to craft a clear vision of the future through bold, visionary design solutions and systems.THE ROLE
You are a fierce advocate for the event attendee and are obsessed with understanding our users and creating simple user experiences from complex workflows for them. You’ll bring these skills to bear by collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers and other Designers to take on meaningful and intellectually-satisfying projects. You’ll participate in all stages of product design, validating business needs and identifying user needs through research, influencing product strategy, crafting a compelling vision, inventing comprehensive UX systems and inspiring teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible.HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Invent new segment based contact us pages that enable differentiated experiences based on user segment
- Redesign Eventbrite help center landing pages to establish contextual landing experiences (based on where user is coming from), enhanced searchability amp; faster navigation to help needed
- Design for early-stage project work where pathways are not always obvious; this includes identifying target user personas, creating a user research plan and conducting research, guiding strategy, developing design specifications and creating interactive prototypes
- Invent visionary products for the live event attendee experience, and establish relationships with Product and Engineering to bring that vision to life
- Work on feature upgrades that unlock new possibilities for our users
- Provide peer feedback on design work to help ensure we are solving the right problem, and crafting solutions in the most effective way
- Exercise your passion for good design at every opportunity
THE SKILL SET
WHAT WE OFFER
- 3+ years relevant design and user research experience
- A portfolio showing your strengths
- Strong design thinking and facilitation skills
- Ability to clearly set and juggle priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Excellent communication and partnering skills
- Self-aware teammate with highly developed emotional intelligence
- Degree in Design, Behavioral Science, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Design Strategy or related field
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEOWork-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds!We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.ABOUT EVENTBRITEEventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Eventbrite believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission to bring the world back together through live experiences. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all US applicants and employees to enter any Eventbrite office and/or interact in a physical setting with Eventbrite employees. Eventbrite will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.