Atomic is a venture fund that founds companies. Founded in 2012, we believe that disruptive innovation is most successfully achieved by pairing innovative ideas with business discipline, and that building those ideas into businesses is not something that can be outsourced. We are engineers and entrepreneurs who build and operate the next generation of great companies.
This role is based in California. What You'll Do:
- Directly advise management and business leads of our portfolio companies on financing matters, equity and compensation matters, corporate governance, and commercial agreements.
- Lead negotiation and drafting of commercial partnerships across various industries and business models.
- Coordinate formation of new portfolio companies for our startup studio.
- Negotiate and draft equity and debt financing documents for our portfolio companies and the fund.
- Work with our general partners and limited partners on fundraising matters, fund structuring and tax matters for the fund.
- Work collaboratively within the legal team and take ownership of projects through completion.
- Work cross-functionally with internal finance/accounting and recruiting/HR teams, manage relationships with outside counsel and other vendors.
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years law firm and/or in-house experience in areas including corporate governance, commercial agreements, and contract negotiations.
- Experience providing legal services to start-ups and venture funds (necessary).
- Great attention to detail.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment and context-shift quickly.
- Passionate about startups and entrepreneurs.
- Strong communication, drafting and project management skills.
- Proactive and comfortable working independently; willing to take on responsibility as lead attorney in transactions.
- Eager to learn and level up your practice with corporate, commercial, and fund compliance skills.
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state (California bar preferred).
What You'll Get:
- Exposure to exciting early-stage companies, including companies experiencing explosive growth.
- Broad experience with different companies, founders, industries and business models.
- Accelerate growth in your skill set and experience.
- Competitive compensation (benefits, salary and equity).
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.-Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review ourCCPA policieshere.