Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, Alation makes me look like a rockstar.
More than 250 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Finnair, Munich Re, New Balance, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire and Snowflake Ventures.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
We are looking for smart people who understand how Alation can be leveraged to solve our clients’ problems.We expect our Account Executives (AEs) to roll up their sleeves and work with our clients, side-by-side, to tackle problems that, if solved, may generate exponential returns on investment. At Alation, we ask our AEs to play the strategic role of drawing critical insights from our client experiences and shaping the best solution. In the process, they bring feedback to our business so we can evolve.
We are seeking a dynamic and strategic Account Executive with knowledge in data analytics or business intelligence to drive the adoption of Alation’s data catalog.
This AE covers the California territory.Life at Alation:
- Fast and fulfilling. We get excited about our work and move the ball forward.
- Aggressive yet fair goals. You will feel challenged and rewarded for meeting those challenges head on.
- Constantly improving. We experiment on our ideas and hone them into best practices.
- Working as a team. Marketing and sales are in sync and working towards the same goals.
- People first. Intelligence and humility are prized.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Maximize potential and drive incremental growth across our client portfolio by selling into new and existing accounts. The job is both hunting and farming. You will have sales development reps, sales engineers and customer success managers to help you establish, develop and maintain your territory.
- Open, develop and win new opportunities.
- Develop effective relationships to serve as a trusted advisor with major customers.
- Develop trusted relationships between people at our clients and Alation.
- Make commitments and deliver. Our customers’ success begins with you.
- Work in collaboration with our partners - grow and improve.
- Negotiate large contracts. Build critical relationships with the Fortune 500 companies.
- Understand the locals. Tailor playbooks for your region.
- Improve LTV/CAC. Look it up, it’s great.
You Should Have:
More About Alation
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience in Enterprise Sales.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to think strategically and analyze the needs of clients.
- Excellent business acumen with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work towards an individual or team goals.
- Demonstrated project/stakeholder management/organizational skills.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate onthe basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Why Alation?
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits- Flexible time off to relax and rechargeand much, much more!