We are a technology company working to transform credit and banking in Latin America starting with point of sale finance. We aim to build fair, simple and affordable financial services that empower our clients, treating them with dignity, and building financial freedom. We launched in February 2019 and have already served thousands of clients and disbursed millions of dollars.
We operate as a full stack startup. We have built our core systems and processes from scratch, and we believe our technology and analytics platform will drive our progress into the years to come. We come at this with deep experience building and growing technology teams and financial products. As important as what we do is how we do it. We are a conscious company, and are deeply committed to working and living our five core values - A company of owners inspiring colleagues, we pull rabbits out of hats, we care and we trust, act with integrity, win today every day, and scale exponentially
We are backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Monashees, Village Global, and an outstanding team of individual angels, including Kevin Ryan, Josh Abramowitz, and Scott Weiss.What you will do
- Take e2e ownership and operate the software that you design, develop, test and release into production.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and product owners to build great products and experiences for our clients and allies.
- Architect resilient and scalable components leveraging our architectural styles and patterns.
- Develop new features using our Python stack.
- Develop unit/component/integration tests that guarantees the reliability of the features that you build.
- Review pull requests on a daily basis transferring your knowledge with your team.
- Receive mentorship from everyone on the team - from more experienced members to junior folks who are just starting.
- Deploy new features to production on a daily basis using our CI/CD pipeline.
- Be on call occasionally. We rotate to distribute our knowledge and experience.
- Contribute to our Architecture Decision Records where you will be able to propose new techniques, patterns and tools for our evolving platform.
What are our requirements
- You have 3+ years of full time technical work experience as a software engineer. We will adjust the role accordingly.
- Great communication abilities with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Willingness to work with a distributed team.
- Good foundations in distributed systems and cloud computing.
- Experience with modern Python libraries and tools.
- Awareness of most used design patterns and architectural styles.
Why join us
- Work on a problem that matters and help change customers’ lives.
- Build a lasting company from the very beginning, helping define every aspect of it.
- Be at the center of it all. We are a true technology company, and engineering is at the core of what we do.
- Massive market opportunity ahead of us; we are growing faster than pretty much any other fintech lender was at our stage.
- Work alongside a great and diverse team that cares about what we are doing and how we are doing it.
- Generous compensation, including equity, 100% health insurance (and 50% for dependents), flexible time-off, learning budget and visa sponsorship for foreigners.
How the hiring process looks like
- Meet with our recruiter for a 30-minute video chat. We will get to know you better, understand what you’re looking for, and answer any questions you might have about ADDI.
- Meet with a backend software engineer for a 45-minute video chat interview. Here, we will ask you questions about your technical background and basic computer science concepts. You will be able to ask any questions about the culture and how we work at ADDI.
- Complete a simple take-home challenge within a 1-week window. With this technical challenge, we want to see your technical expertise solving a real-world problem. We expect that you invest 5 hours or less developing a working solution.
- Meet with a backend software engineer and the engineering manager for a 45-minute chat to talk about your take-home exercise submission and any questions you might have.
- Meet onsite with a cofounder for a 30-minute chat to talk about the vision of the company, what we are building and how you will contribute to our product.